News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Final three old pictures

Author Topic: Final three old pictures  (Read 4091 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Final three old pictures
« on: November 08, 2009, 09:22:19 PM »

Same as before if any one would like any of the pictures or mousemat a donation is required to the football club. Personel message me on here your amout and i will send you back more details. This is not an auction it is being done on a first come first served basis if you would like them postage please add £2.00 to your donation.

8.  94/95 with the different sponsors as mentioned in another thread

The other picture

9. Don't know anything about this picture except it was before the ground imrovements were done

10. No idea on this one except we seemed not to have enough chairs

@AltyDaz

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Final three old pictures
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 12:22:06 AM »

Darren,

Photograph No. 9

I reckon that one originates from the start of the 1988/89 season.

Amongst the 'legends' on view are the likes of Andy Kilner; Ian Johnson; Carl Dyson; John Butcher; a young Ricky Harris; a very old Bobby Fraser....and Martin Hanchard!

Photograph No. 10

This one comes from the start of the previous season: 1987/88 (with John Williams as the manager).

The aforementioned injury-plagued Hanchard is back again, alongside the likes of Eddie Bishop; Ossie Smith; Paul Edwards....and is that Paul Higginbotham (brother of Danny) at the end of the front row?

*** I'd be delighted to purchase both of these photographs.
Please send me a Private Message so that we can arrange the transaction.
Many thanks.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 11:44:19 AM »

Ok, lets have a go a filling these ones in.

Pic 9 - 1988/89 season black & red checks back l-r ?, Farrelly, Cuddy, Kilner, ? John Butcher, Hanchard (that's not how I remember him looking), Harris, Johnson, Dyson, Chris Byrne?

front l-r Ossie Smith (still an occasional visitor to Moss Lane), Barry Knowles?, Neil Cook, Mark Henshaw, Jeff Johnson, Ballers John Timmons, Paul Cuddy, Ronnie Ellis, Lawrence Iro?

pic 10 87/88 season back l-r Jeff Johnson, Stewart Hamill?, Hanchard, Butcher, Johnson, ?, Bobby Fraser?

Middle l-r ?, Cuddy, Smith, Williams, Farrelly, Ellis, Brian Kettle?

front l-r Ian Lunt?, Neil Parsley?  Timmons, Paul Edwards, Eddie Bishop, Garry Worrall, Paul Higginbotham.

Very sketchy the last one! Feel free to quote reply and fill in the gaps.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 11:59:48 AM »

No. 9  Is that a young Darren Heesom in the front row?
Come on Alty!

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 12:54:49 PM »

Pic 9 - 1988/89 season black & red checks back l-r ?, Farrelly, Cuddy, Kilner, ? John Butcher, Hanchard (that's not how I remember him looking), Harris, Johnson, Dyson, Chris Byrne?

front l-r Ossie Smith (still an occasional visitor to Moss Lane), Barry Knowles?, Neil Cook, Mark Henshaw, Jeff Johnson, Ballers John Timmons, Paul Cuddy, Ronnie Ellis, Lawrence Iro?

I know Paul Cuddy was quick for a centre-half but surely even he wasn't quick enough to be in the same photo twice? I think it is indeed Darren Heesom in the front row.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 02:52:02 PM »

I know Paul Cuddy was quick for a centre-half but surely even he wasn't quick enough to be in the same photo twice? I think it is indeed Darren Heesom in the front row.

Yes, well spotted.

Permedhairandtashtastic

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 03:50:45 PM »

Ok, lets have a go a filling these ones in.

pic 10 87/88 season back l-r Jeff Johnson, Stewart Hamill?, Hanchard, Butcher, Johnson, ?, Bobby Fraser?

Middle l-r ?, Cuddy, Smith, Williams, Farrelly, Ellis, Brian Kettle?

front l-r Ian Lunt?, Neil Parsley?  Timmons, Paul Edwards, Eddie Bishop, Garry Worrall, Paul Higginbotham.

Very sketchy the last one! Feel free to quote reply and fill in the gaps.

Ballers,

Here's my take on those team photographs:

Photograph No. 9: 1988/89 season

Back row (left to right):

John Cooke (Assistant Manager - played against us for Droylsden in the FA Cup back in 1978); Mick Farrelly; Paul Cuddy; Andy Kilner: Bobby Fraser; John Butcher; Martin Hanchard: Ricky Harris; Ian Johnson; Carl Dyson; Chris Byrne.

Front row (left to right):

Ossie Smith; Gary Stewart: Neil Cook; Mark Henshaw; Jeff Johnson; John Timmons; Darren Heesom; Ronnie Ellis; Lawrence Iro.

Photograph No. 10: 1987/88 season

Back row (left to right):

Jeff Johnson; Carl Hodgert (too tall to be Stewart Hamill!); Martin Hanchard; John Butcher; Ian Johnson; Colin Williams (ex-Vics & Telford striker); Bobby Fraser.

Middle row (left to right):

Terry Murphy (Assistant Manager); Paul Cuddy; Ossie Smith; John Williams; Mike Farrelly; Ronnie Ellis; unknown physio/trainer (not Brian Kettle though!).

Front row (left to right); 

Gary Stewart; John Imrie; John Timmons; Paul Edwards; Eddie Bishop; Garry Worrall; Paul Higginbotham.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 05:53:03 PM »

The photographs in no.8 are from different seasons - the top picture would have been taken just after we changed our home kit about 2 months into the season - we originally had that kit with really thin stripes but i seem to think there was some sort of row with the kit suppliers but could be wrong.

The 2nd photograph is from the start of the 95/96 season where if memory serves me right we held some form of raffle to determine who our sponsors would be and Holts came out of the hat.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »

That red and black checked kit we had truly was dreadful, why do away with the famous red and white stripes??

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 07:43:34 PM »

Photographs 9 and 10 are now sold thank to ones who have donated.
@AltyDaz

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 09:24:29 PM »

The first two pics take me back to when i could get to games home and away happy memories

ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 01:29:08 PM »

That red and black checked kit we had truly was dreadful, why do away with the famous red and white stripes??

We seemed to do away with red and white stripes during the 85/86 season. Certainly we were in red and black at Birmingham and Wembley. 86/87 was a white and red kit sponsored by Vantages (kind of a reverse Ajax shirt), 87/88 was a largely red shirt, 88/89 was the red and black checks and 89/90 was a weird red and black stripes episode - one half was thin stripes and the other half was thick stripes.

Through my geekiness I had a lot of Umbro kit catalogues at the time and for some reason there weren't any red and white variations of their strips available so I think that was the reason.

For the 90/91 season we reverted back to classic red and white stripes (still my favourite ever Alty kit). I know it shouldn't make any difference at all but I'll always be convinced that the return to red and white had a large bearing on us having such a good season.  :)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Final three old pictures