PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Was I seeing things on Tuesday night?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Was I seeing things on Tuesday night?  (Read 4431 times)

Unemployed Coalminer

« on: March 13, 2008, 12:57:19 PM »

The player that Joe O'Neill didn't catch across the face, and shouldn't have got sent off for, spent the second half with a large red bruise on his face. My imagination?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: Was I seeing things on Tuesday night?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 09:44:08 AM »

Are you laughing as you write that ? Tried to ignore but can't ...

You can be caught without it being a foul ... Clash of heads, he hit the side of O'Neil, etc .... Oh so If I smack myself in the face whilst bumping into you I can do you for assault as it must be concrete proof that you hit me ?

I was awaiting a comment from you or VOD on the matter. I didn't go the game but have spoke to probably 30 people after that game and everyone said he should never have been sent off, thats from ages 17 to about 70 and including people that I know would give an honest account. Must admit I believe all those above you who seems to bask in putting this club \ players down.

Oh and not being biased or rose tinted just sticking up for a player from the team I (and you ...)  support who by every account but yours was unlucky to be sent off.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 09:48:23 AM by gazwarrington »

le bignose

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 10:53:36 AM »

different people will have different views of the sending off and different views of the incident............. thats the beauty of football !!

From what i saw i thought Joe did lead with his elbow, which we know isnt like Joe as he isnt a nasty player by any means, but we all know the hype surrounding two players jumping for an ariel ball with elbows!! And the refs know they have to be keen on this. For me it was a second yellow no question. If he didnt have the first booking, this challenge wouldnt be in question for picking up a yellow card for high elbows!! It happens every weekend. Even no intent to hurt a player, and we all know Joe didnt/wouldnt, going in with elbows showing is punishable.

The only debate for me on this is if it was a straight red!! It wasnt so my personal opinion is it was a fair discision

VofD

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 01:14:24 PM »

Are you laughing as you write that ? Tried to ignore but can't ...

You can be caught without it being a foul ... Clash of heads, he hit the side of O'Neil, etc .... Oh so If I smack myself in the face whilst bumping into you I can do you for assault as it must be concrete proof that you hit me ?

I was awaiting a comment from you or VOD on the matter. I didn't go the game but have spoke to probably 30 people after that game and everyone said he should never have been sent off, thats from ages 17 to about 70 and including people that I know would give an honest account. Must admit I believe all those above you who seems to bask in putting this club \ players down.

Oh and not being biased or rose tinted just sticking up for a player from the team I (and you ...)  support who by every account but yours was unlucky to be sent off.

Why having a go at me?  >:( >:( >:(

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 01:16:46 PM »

Why not  ;) ....

VofD

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 01:22:47 PM »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 12:04:58 AM »

different people will have different views of the sending off and different views of the incident............. thats the beauty of football !!

From what i saw i thought Joe did lead with his elbow, which we know isnt like Joe as he isnt a nasty player by any means, but we all know the hype surrounding two players jumping for an ariel ball with elbows!! And the refs know they have to be keen on this. For me it was a second yellow no question. If he didnt have the first booking, this challenge wouldnt be in question for picking up a yellow card for high elbows!! It happens every weekend. Even no intent to hurt a player, and we all know Joe didnt/wouldnt, going in with elbows showing is punishable.

The only debate for me on this is if it was a straight red!! It wasnt so my personal opinion is it was a fair discision

Exceptionally sensible post grand hooter!!

I didn't see either caution so can't comment but it is nice to see a sensible view being expressed

seasonticket

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 11:02:42 AM »

To all those who say Joe led with his elbow and deserved the yellow card please answer me this? Why did several of their defenders NOT get any cards and we, no free kicks on several occasions when they led with their elbows.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 01:05:13 PM »

To all those who say Joe led with his elbow and deserved the yellow card please answer me this? Why did several of their defenders NOT get any cards and we, no free kicks on several occasions when they led with their elbows.

Possibly because the officals at this level are generally sh*te?
Full time and proud of it

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 03:05:17 PM »

there was some sarcasm oin what i wrote gary. what i meant was that if joe hadn't caught the player how come he has a big red bruise on his cheekbone. and what people seem to be overlooking is that it wasn't a straight red but a second yellow.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 03:09:51 PM »

there was some sarcasm oin what i wrote gary. what i meant was that if joe hadn't caught the player how come he has a big red bruise on his cheekbone. and what people seem to be overlooking is that it wasn't a straight red but a second yellow.
Watched the incident on Blue square review last night he seemed to catch him with his arm but was watching the ball not the player i thought, Also the ref seemed to have his back to the incident. ???
@AltyDaz

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 03:13:18 PM »

Well, sadly, having watched the highlights (?) on Sultana, I would have to say Joe definitely led with his elbow and he definitely caught the player, therefore he had to receive a yellow as a minimum. There may not have been consistency in the ref's decisions throughout the game, but that does not take away from the fact he deserved to go.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 03:15:39 PM »

Seems that Blue Square tinted spectacles give better vision that rose tinted ones.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 03:18:22 PM »

Seems that Blue Square tinted spectacles give better vision that rose tinted ones.

Sadly I had no tint on my focusing apparatus.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 03:21:37 PM »

But at least it backs up what i'd been saying all along. Seems I was the only one on Tuesday night that saw any contact.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team