News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 directions to Shildon

Author Topic: directions to Shildon  (Read 2855 times)

bonz

directions to Shildon
« on: September 21, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »

I know you'll have sat nav and I've posted before DL4 1EZ is the post code for the car park but I'll give you directions anyway
 A1(M) come off at Junction 58 (A68)
 A68 to Swan house roundabout - take 2nd exit ( A6072 Bishop Auckland/ Shildon)
  Follow A6072 - at next roundabout take 2nd exit - still A6072
  At next roundabout take 1st exit - should be a Jet garage on your right - still A6072
  At next roundabout take 2nd exit - DO NOT follow signs saying Shildon 1st exit at this roundabout!!!!!
  1st exit at mini roundabout - pub on right called The Crossings
  Follow this road - called Byerley Road until you get to the Grey Horse/ Timothy Hackworth pubs
  Turn right onto Main Road and follow it about 100 yards - turn left just before Bargain Booze  and car park is next right after that on Dean Street
  Old Shildon  Club is across the road from Bargain Booze - I'll be in there from 11 o'clock ish - you don't need to be signed in or any of that old fashioned crap
  Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow and have a safe journey up

JDN

Re: directions to Shildon
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 09:53:29 AM »

Me and Knutsford Alty will be coming on the train, can you give directions from station to town and ground ;)

bonz

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 01:55:57 PM »

Hi JDN - thought Knutty Alty wasn't travelling. Pleased he is though 'cos I owe him a beer after my arsey comments last night - bit naughty of me and I apologise.
 Are you arriving on the 11.13 train??
  It's about a mile walk from the station.
 Walk up to the top of the ramp towards the footbridge.
 Take the first left path- opposite the footbridge path signposted town centre(although hidden behind bushes)
  Follow this footpath and you'll come to the Timothy Hackworth Museum on your right.
  Walk past the museum and keep to your right passing the old folks bungalows until you come to the end of Hackworth Close.
  Turn right onto Alma Road - you should see a little mini roundabout and keep walking up Alma Road becoming St Johns Road passing Bowes butchers.
  When you get to the Rec entrance opposite Hackworth Street walk into the Rec - there's a show on Saturday
 Take the diagonal path going uphill towards the bandstand.
  Follow this path past the bandstand out of the gate at the top.
  Turn left and keep on the left hand side passing the methodist church about 100 yards past the rec gate - theres another church on the right.
  Passing the methodist church you'll see the Royal George pub on the other side of the road.
  Keep on the opposite side of the road to the Royal George , past Costcutters and the Old Club is the next building along - I'll be in the bar.
  Should take you 20 minutes or I could arrange a taxi!! Will there just be the two of you?
  I'm home from work now so I'll keep checking to see what time you're getting here

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:39:41 AM by bonz »

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 02:58:58 PM »

Think you missed a bit of irony there bonz!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

bonz

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 04:50:41 PM »

You think so??
  All I was doing was trying to be helpful.
  I'm obviously just a thick Northerner who lives on lard and bread , breeds whippets and cries if one of me pigeons dies.
  For all you know I could have been directing JDN into this " Newcastle stronghold" for him to be tied up in a dungeon and arse- raped by a 22 stone Geordie called Patricia!!

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 06:22:52 PM »

I'm afraid I can't make it but I know jdn and his pals and there is a train journey the irony maybe that knutsford won't be with them bonz you seem a top bloke and jdn would not waste your time asking for directions

bonz

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 06:32:43 PM »

Thanks for that Jimmy. Maybe I'll see you if there's a replay
 They're kosher directions by the way JDN in case you were expecting to see a 22 stone skunk (NUFC fan) dressed like Bette Davis!! ;D ;D
 Hope we'll see you in Old Shildon Club

arnald

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 06:33:30 PM »

i hope its a draw bonz ,and we will
give you the key to are town when
you visit

bonz

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 08:50:36 PM »

Cheers to that Big 'un!!
 All the best to all you Alty Fans - those who are travelling up have a safe journey and look forward to seeing you tomorrow

JDN

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 09:30:22 PM »

Cheers to that Big 'un!!
 All the best to all you Alty Fans - those who are travelling up have a safe journey and look forward to seeing you tomorrow
Thanks bonz, no defo coming on the train, 8.26 from Manchester, change at Darlo, should be there for 11.30,

I will not be alone, so maybe you can guess me and Knutsford?

JDN

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 11:50:37 AM »

We in Royal George ::)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 directions to Shildon