PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Fa Cup Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Gateshead Fa Cup Match Thread  (Read 7555 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gateshead Fa Cup Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2022, 02:53:52 PM »

There will definitely be a sub on the bench
Full time and proud of it

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2022, 05:27:54 PM »

Time for revenge on Saturday and this time without one hand tied behind our back by Trafford shutting half the ground and the home fans being bunged onto the Chequers. That gave Gateshead a big advantage before a ball was kicked that night no question and with it a very weird atmosphere, so good to start with a level playing field off the pitch this time.

I make us slight favourites with home advantage and in much better form than they are in the league. 3-1 Alty. With no City or United and good prices and hospitality offers hoping we might push over 2000 in.

I'm not sure that we will ever be able to exact proportionate revenge for last year's First Round replay defeat, which cost the club at least £100k.

That evening was the undisputed nadir of last season.

Much as I would like to be proved wrong, I cannot see us attracting an attendance of circa 2,000 for Saturday's fixture. There are a few Alty season ticket holders who simply don't turn out/won't pay for cup matches.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2022, 07:46:07 AM »

There will definitely be a sub on the bench

Let's hope he has a few of them!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2022, 01:32:16 PM »

i feel a bit worried about this game,i know we beat them 1-3 but that will make them more keen to win.Lets just hope we get passed them and start a really good and long cup run.
Harold

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2022, 02:49:01 PM »

Ryan on the bench?
Harold

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2022, 05:22:16 PM »

Ryan on the bench?

Indeed. Lucky to still be in the tie after slightly baffling team selection. Poor first half, Gateshead should have wrapped it up then.

We went up a couple of levels once the subs were made to get us closer to our best team and might have nicked a win late on.

Hope Chris Conn Clarke is OK, he had an excellent game today.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2022, 06:25:01 PM »

Ryan on the bench?

Indeed. Lucky to still be in the tie after slightly baffling team selection……
The baffling team selection was governed by the ludicrous decision to risk Bennett at Sandbach. His inability to now play before Christmas is going to bite us in the bum.
Did we really play in the FA Cup today? Did anyone tell the players? Not only did we see little cohesion, very little skill, no structure or plan but we also saw no desire whatsoever.
It’s all very well PP telling us what a great bunch of players we’ve got, and Bill Waterson waxing lyrical about how they are going to rival our best teams of the past, but I simply don’t see it.
Clearly Dorking was a flash in the pan not the beginning of some new dawn. It’s time PP started to turn this round and make it stick.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2022, 06:32:23 PM »

After seeing the team selection it played out exactly how I think most of us would have predicted - less cohesion than previous weeks, and wide open at the back.

The manager has options at right back that allow him not to have to move our best centre back there - we twigged about the Bennett / Conn-Clarke playing together thing, this needs to be the next thing.

Pringle is much better coming on than starting.

Conn-Clarke is going to be black and blue tomorrow, they absolutely hacked him to death.

I think Eddy Jones has improved loads since his last spell with us.

Colclough seemed to play everywhere but his best position when he came on. Bizarre afternoon.

Knutty robin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2022, 06:50:57 PM »

I took some first timers to the match today and was a little embarrassed that only one team played football.  There was no width and the midfield acted like strangers and a lot of bitching between the players.  I had extolled the virtues of Coco and mystified why he didn't  start. That said they really enjoyed it!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2022, 07:00:57 PM »

Colclough has had a very heavy cold apparently.

Why malarkey is second choice rb is mind boggling.

Conn-Clarke was battered black and blue, received no protection from the ref and has little chance of playing Tuesday.

What position was Malone playing and why

Aside from the first 10 mins the first half was dire.

Improved when Hulme and sniffly Colclough came on.

Believe Mullarkey came off with an injury..

Bennett has torn a hamstring and gone back to parent club.

Poor day all-round but we are in the hat on Monday.

When was the last time a player scored 4 games on the spin?
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2022, 07:26:41 PM »

Ryan on the bench?

The chairman informed me after the game that Ryan wasn’t feeling well so fair play for him to actually come on as a sub

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2022, 07:30:49 PM »

I'm relieved that we are somehow still in the competition (although it will, in all likelihood, merely comprise a temporary stay of execution).

As Nom de plume notes earlier, where were the desire and passion that should constitute the bare minimum of requirements in an FA Cup tie, especially with the prize money of £9k on offer?

Once they equalised, Gateshead played the better football and they really should have put the game to bed on the stroke of half-time.

By contrast, we looked disjointed and largely directionless, especially in the absence of any attacking threat down both wings.

I thought that Lundstram was comfortably our best performer. James Jones' malaise continues and Cooper looked shaky alongside him.

I'm afraid that the purpose of playing Malone entirely eludes me. Too frail and the game simply passes him by.

A dispiritingly flat and laboured display. Here's to a victory on penalties on Tuesday evening...

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2022, 07:35:16 PM »

Think it was clear to see that was the wrong starting 11.
We were far too open with no width.
Can't be playing Osborne and Malone in the same team. Pringle didn't impress either.
Hoping Barrows can play Tuesday have Toby back at CB. Cooper and Jones were poor today.
They were awful at the back. Can't believe we started without any wide players, we would have split that defence numerous times with wide players ,Con-Clarke and Dinanga central.
Thought Con-Clarke and Dinanga played well but Lundstram was my MOTM again.
Can't wait to see him and a fully fit Marriott.
I am worried we may have missed the opportunity of the FA Cup 1st round draw by that poor selection. We are shocking at trying to soak up pressure and Gateshead were there for the taking with the correct team selection and attacking play.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 07:40:31 PM by oneedham »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2022, 07:36:29 PM »

Ryan on the bench?

The chairman informed me after the game that Ryan wasn’t feeling well so fair play for him to actually come on as a sub

A cold you can play through.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2022, 07:37:16 PM »

Why do the management insist in playing Toby at RB the bloke is the best CB at the club for Gods sake.
James Jones is not the same player from when he was previously with Alty.

Felt sorry for CCC today he got lumps kicked out of him

I know he scored a good goal but Dinanga is too lightweight up front he can’t hold the ball up and he doesn’t anticipate situations. I think Zak Goodson deserves a start.

Thought we were lucky to get a second shot at the FA Cup after the first half performance.

Please please please stop passing the ball ball back to the keeper so much. Teams have sussed us now and they just press us so we end up lumping it to them anyway.

Hopefully Ryan will be well enough to be able to play next Tuesday.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Fa Cup Match Thread