PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Serious question
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Serious question  (Read 6536 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Serious question
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2022, 09:19:41 AM »

I tend to post less when we're not doing so well as, as I've said before, I'm quite a glass half empty kind of bloke anyway.
What I will say is this though:
1. I still believe going full time was the right thing to do.
2. The keeper situation needs sorting so Olly starts regularly.
3. The best back four (probably not Inc James Jones) needs to be picked regularly.
4. (much harder than it sounds!) We still need someone up top who can score enough goals to keep us in this division. And finally,
5. We need to be exploring how we can set up to provide whoever is at number nine with enough chances so that a proportion of them can be put away.
We've got the time to do four of these right away and all it needs is commitment and a willingness to look at different formations and to work on the squad to be much fitter.

By the way, couldn't we do worse than starting the new young striker we've signed at 9? He certainly couldn't be less effective than our current option?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 09:23:40 AM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2022, 09:49:33 AM »

Parkinson didnt win for 20 games last season. Another ten defeats could be killer.

Time for an ultimatium. Beat Aldershot or leave.

I don't know why not winning for 20 games last season comes into it at this stage, given the subsequent events proved we were right not to pull the trigger.

I agree with Bath Alty - it's not inconceivable that we win a couple on the bounce and the table suddenly starts looking a bit different again.

This team has looked competitive away at the likes of Boreham Wood and Bromley - and gave the possible champions a good old fright too.

We haven't had the rub of the green and it's starting to creep into the mindset now. That's why we needed some older heads around the camp because a rot can very quickly set in otherwise.

Where's Lewis Baines? - I'd feel infinitely more comfortable with him and Toby at the back, in fact we know what our best back five is - we just need to start playing it now.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2022, 10:23:35 AM »

Parkinson didnt win for 20 games last season. Another ten defeats could be killer.

I don't know why not winning for 20 games last season comes into it at this stage, given the subsequent events proved we were right not to pull the trigger.

I agree with Bath Alty - it's not inconceivable that we win a couple on the bounce and the table suddenly starts looking a bit different again.

This team has looked competitive away at the likes of Boreham Wood and Bromley - and gave the possible champions a good old fright too.

We haven't had the rub of the green and it's starting to creep into the mindset now. That's why we needed some older heads around the camp because a rot can very quickly set in otherwise.

Where's Lewis Baines? - I'd feel infinitely more comfortable with him and Toby at the back, in fact we know what our best back five is - we just need to start playing it now.

Parkinsons sides have been built on runs; good and bad. Unfortunately at some point they're going to end. This project (Management and players) need to know that wins are more important than so called performances.

I've watched 75% of the games, and I've seen about 80 minutes of Parkinsons football so far (45-minutes against chesterfield before collapsing).

This sqaud isn't good enough, they need something to spark this season. A 'x points by X games' might just shock some life into us. About 6 players in this current sqaud get a gig at this level. This is their chance under Phil. A lot would be shipped out under a new boss.
It's all my fault.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2022, 10:26:27 AM »

Baines is still out injured with the ankle problem he picked up at the end of the Chesterfield game.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2022, 12:33:12 PM »

I’m not sure whether a change is required just yet, management wise. I believe our system doesn’t help us, it’s a thankless task playing the ‘striker’ role in that set up. I don’t think Jordan looks any likelier to score than Marcus who seems to be scapegoated. We’re shipping goals but have competed in a few games. I want us to get back to basics, get a scrappy win and re-group…

Firstly he needs own and accept we are currently in the sh*t. We are so much weaker than second half of last season. Needs to start with getting players match fit, they should be at least fitter than last year and they are way off.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2022, 01:47:22 PM »

you watch when Jordan comes back from injury he will be busting open a lot of nets.
Harold

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2022, 02:09:41 PM »

Our engine room is sadly not around for this season. That is the main problem we have just now. I’m certainly not for the management to be axed whatsoever.

As I’ve previously said. Play Goodson or get rid . It’s pointless having him not being used.

I think we do also have a few others out injured, eg Baines. An injury update would be useful.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2022, 02:17:09 PM »

The following are out injured Baines, Kosylo , Marriot t, Hulme and Kaja. If all all five were fit  it would considerably strenghten the starting 11.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2022, 04:08:43 PM »

The following are out injured Baines, Kosylo , Marriot t, Hulme and Kaja. If all all five were fit  it would considerably strenghten the starting 11.
Cheers for the update

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2022, 04:24:33 PM »

you watch when Jordan comes back from injury he will be busting open a lot of nets.

He's only scored two goals in 16 (+2 as sub) games since he returned to us last season though.

For all of Hulme's undeniable qualities, I wouldn't expect goalscoring miracles from him.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2022, 11:07:04 PM »

He's only scored two goals in 16 (+2 as sub) games since he returned to us last season though.

For all of Hulme's undeniable qualities, I wouldn't expect goalscoring miracles from him.
this . He is not a prolific goal scorer . He had the same strike ratio to dinanga per game last season . He adds a lot when fit ...and thats not often either
Come on you red and white........

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2022, 11:18:56 PM »

That's rubbish. He was very fit before he chose to leave and amply supplied by JJ.

I think at the moment we are losing by slim margins,

As I read it the manager was hoping to pick up lame players and develop them. It takes time.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2022, 11:21:28 PM »

That's rubbish. He was very fit before he chose to leave and amply supplied by JJ.

I think at the moment we are losing by slim margins,

As I read it the manager was hoping to pick up lame players and develop them. It takes time.
I'm referring to his absence levels and goals since his return . Both really poor
Come on you red and white........

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2022, 08:44:40 AM »

when he had the eye problems and then came back he was fine
Harold

andrewflynn

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2022, 09:13:21 AM »

In fairness to Jordan, I saw on Twitter that his recent absence is due to a hand / finger issue. That’s more unfortunate than poor fitness, no?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Serious question