News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Effin Alan Shearer

Author Topic: Effin Alan Shearer  (Read 4683 times)

Dougals Dad

Effin Alan Shearer
« on: June 15, 2010, 10:34:39 PM »

He was a cynical player.
He's a splinter bottomed pundit,
Now we have his fizzog selling us beer for Morrisons!

Its not right I tell you, its not right.

York Alty

Re: Effin Alan Shearer
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 11:27:48 PM »

Jennifers Dad. 

You have hit on one of my pet hates.  To be fair it's a quite a long list..and shearer is on it. 

yuck.

I'd not buy anything advertised by that irritating ar5e.

jimmyhank

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 12:15:56 AM »

Not my favourite either. His punditry has very little insight, he's extremely dull and does he dress in the dark? He may well make my top-10 of dislikes but would do well to dislodge 1) banks and/or building societies 2) estate agents or 3) car dealerships.

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 12:43:58 AM »

a fine list jimmyhank.

i don't get involved with car dealers so no comment on them but banks and estate agents are way up my list too.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 07:27:21 AM »

I have to disagree with you all on this.
As English pundits/commentators go, Shearer is better than most.
He was probably one of the best strikers England ever had.
My views are from a Footballing point of view and I am not an England supporter.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 09:38:03 AM »

Yeah, can't say he bothers me all that much.

Adrian Chiles, however... >:(

fuertes

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 09:51:53 AM »

I don't think Shearer is much use. That said, even those who I've seen on occasion offer decent analysis, e.g. Dixon and Hansen, don't really get the chance due to the BBC's rather casual "four blokes having a chat" format.

Edgar Davids is literally the worst pundit ever to show up on telly ever. He's so bad. So, so bad. Do they not talk to these people first to see if they've got a bit about them!?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 10:07:09 AM »

I don't think Shearer is much use. That said, even those who I've seen on occasion offer decent analysis, e.g. Dixon and Hansen, don't really get the chance due to the BBC's rather casual "four blokes having a chat" format.

Edgar Davids is literally the worst pundit ever to show up on telly ever. He's so bad. So, so bad. Do they not talk to these people first to see if they've got a bit about them!?

They seem to use the idea of "He's famous so he must be good!"

Klinsman is the best of them & he's been totally underused by the BBC. You do seem to get more insight in the ITV half time break interrupted by ads than the BBC with a full half time.

What really gets me, however, is why the BBC have so many people out there. The BBC World Cup Bus FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 10:25:26 AM »

I agree with JD I think Klinsman has been the best to date.

and he hasn't fallen (dived) off his chair clutching his shin yet !

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 10:37:49 AM »

Shearer has always had the charisma of a dead slug (though he was admittedly a very good player).

However, listening to the guest analysis of those outstanding players Chris Waddle and Robbie Savage on 5 Live, I'd happily settle for Shearer.

I can hardly wait for Waddle to be involved in a penalty shoot-out, especially if he's got Alan Green alongside him. It'll be the funniest commentary since Neasden Gynaecologists v Long John Silver's XI back in the glory days of Monty Python.

fuertes

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 10:52:30 AM »

Shearer has always had the charisma of a dead slug (though he was admittedly a very good player).

However, listening to the guest analysis of those outstanding players Chris Waddle and Robbie Savage on 5 Live, I'd happily settle for Shearer.

I can hardly wait for Waddle to be involved in a penalty shoot-out, especially if he's got Alan Green alongside him. It'll be the funniest commentary since Neasden Gynaecologists v Long John Silver's XI back in the glory days of Monty Python.

I put Savage and Waddle in the loveable buffoon category. They talk some sh*te, but I don't think they take themselves too seriously.

I did quite like Savage's reaction after the Ivory Coast vs Portugal snorefest. "That was a disgraceful performance by both sides. They were both trying not to lose rather than win. I'm going to donate my fee as summariser to charity, because there's nothing to summarise"  :D :D

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 11:13:16 AM »

Shearer - played for his hometown rather than the 'darkside' ... Trafford United fans hate him cos they are jealous they never had him and thats a good enough reason for the boy warrington to like the fella .. well done 'Al' :)

Longman

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 06:12:23 PM »

Davids is absolutely terrible, he is miserable, negative and disagreeable.

Didn't he get sent home from the World Cup a few years back?  I can see why!

tottenham alty

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 08:37:41 PM »

Davids  is miserable, negative and disagreeable.

aka Dutch
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Effin Alan Shearer