PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnet match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Barnet match thread  (Read 10130 times)

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Barnet match thread
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2022, 10:48:31 AM »

He was clueless before his injury so tonight being his first game for a while is irrelevant really
An extremely poor signing

He started the first six games.

D4
L2

He played three of the six out of position covering at left back.

I’m not arsed enough to go back through the highlights to be honest but I’ll happily retract my defence of him if you can point out various individual errors in each of the six games that would point to him being inept, but I suspect you won’t be able to, apart from the back pass to Mee at Maidenhead which Mee should have dealt with to be honest.

Incredibly lazy and frankly weird comment.

You don’t have to look very hard. The second goal last night he is facing the wrong way to defend the corner and not looking at the ball. There’s a photo on Barnet’s Instagram (don’t know how to attach on here). Facing your own goal when defending a corner isn’t the sign of a good defender.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2022, 12:04:51 PM »

I still don’t think Parky knows his strongest XI which is scary at this stage of the season. It seems as though we inevitably go 1 down and then Parky is happy trying to bore the oppo into submission by us passing the ball around the back 4. Try something different ffs
we don't even have a consistent captain yet
Come on you red and white........

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2022, 12:07:16 PM »

I still don’t think Parky knows his strongest XI which is scary at this stage of the season. It seems as though we inevitably go 1 down and then Parky is happy trying to bore the oppo into submission by us passing the ball around the back 4. Try something different ffs
we don't even have a consistent captain yet

We do when Tony recovers and is back in the side.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2022, 12:25:26 PM »

He was clueless before his injury so tonight being his first game for a while is irrelevant really
An extremely poor signing

He started the first six games.

D4
L2

He played three of the six out of position covering at left back.

I’m not arsed enough to go back through the highlights to be honest but I’ll happily retract my defence of him if you can point out various individual errors in each of the six games that would point to him being inept, but I suspect you won’t be able to, apart from the back pass to Mee at Maidenhead which Mee should have dealt with to be honest.

Incredibly lazy and frankly weird comment.

You don’t have to look very hard. The second goal last night he is facing the wrong way to defend the corner and not looking at the ball. There’s a photo on Barnet’s Instagram (don’t know how to attach on here). Facing your own goal when defending a corner isn’t the sign of a good defender.

The second goal was scored by the guy who was poorly marked by Barrows. Add that to his dreadful defending for the first goal, and it's hard to believe Baines is the one to blame.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2022, 12:33:03 PM »

I’m not saying it was just Baines, merely pointing out his positioning on the second goal on that still image I saw was woeful. The photo does also show Barrows clutching at thin air as their 4 is starting his jump to win a free header

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2022, 12:42:40 PM »

Just watched the highlights. Barrows was awful.
How their player got to the ball on the first goal was shocking.
He was weak as piss on their second.
I had high hopes for Barrows but he is actually getting worst.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2022, 12:52:12 PM »

In my view our fullbacks are a big problem, they just don't drive forward or overlap - Colclough and later on Kaja were both repeatedly telling Jones & Barrows to do so. We need that for our system to work, think Joel Senior, Connor Hampson, Andy White and Sean Densmore - all exponents of it. Bewildered by the criticism of Baines, thought he looked solid enough - whether he is an improvement on Cooper is debateable though. Marriot did well for his first game back and broke up their play a few times - he'll be a big asset once he's up to speed. We never looked like scoring but Jennings will get better as he gets to know his new teammates, Newby looked lively.

Overall, last night we looked disjointed and toothless. I have faith in PP & NS turning it around though.

Would be nice to see the whole pitch from the Popular Side terraces at the next game, not be obscured by some metal fence construction that looks like it was someone's first go at making something with Meccano  :o

adzid

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2022, 01:02:10 PM »

First half we started well enough but done on the counter like we usually are by a dreadful bit of defending by Barrows. Agree with sentiment our full backs aren't attacking enough.

As good as Colclough and CCC are they are both pretty greedy players and with this comes a lot of wastefulness in the final third in my opinion.

Too many shots or shot come crosses that were never going to lay a glove on their keeper who had an excellent game. However this could also be down to obvious lack of a CF they can trust.

Knutty robin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2022, 01:04:09 PM »

Most comments are fair but I don't think I would be overly critical of the players.  There is a lack of a system and any sort of leadership.  I would love PP to be more vocal but guess that just isn't his style

andrewflynn

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2022, 01:07:56 PM »

I’m not saying it was just Baines, merely pointing out his positioning on the second goal on that still image I saw was woeful. The photo does also show Barrows clutching at thin air as their 4 is starting his jump to win a free header

That's really unfair though, you can't take a still image of a highly fluid passage of play and make any judgment from it. If you watch the highlights you'll see that Baines did his job in that set piece. He's facing the way he is because the ball has already gone over him and has been headed towards goal.

Now, if we can discuss Barrows...

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2022, 01:11:35 PM »

Most comments are fair but I don't think I would be overly critical of the players.  There is a lack of a system and any sort of leadership.  I would love PP to be more vocal but guess that just isn't his style

Definitely need a leader on the pitch - Ryan Colclough, great player he may be, is not a natural captain. Oh for a John King/Mick Carmody character in the middle of the park.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2022, 01:51:19 PM »

It dawned on me last night that maybe the fencing hasn't come down because we are hosting York obn Saturday. Can't see it being a massive away following though now it's on the box.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2022, 02:48:42 PM »

It dawned on me last night that maybe the fencing hasn't come down because we are hosting York obn Saturday. Can't see it being a massive away following though now it's on the box.

Restricts the view from the central area popside……...it's one thing after the next.

Can see no reason whatsoever why it would be needed for York. Would we really give them 50% of the popside as well as the away end. We have an away end that can accommodate most clubs in this division. Only by exception should away fans be permitted into the popside and then only in the first third.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2022, 03:13:14 PM »

That's really unfair though, you can't take a still image of a highly fluid passage of play and make any judgment from it. If you watch the highlights you'll see that Baines did his job in that set piece. He's facing the way he is because the ball has already gone over him and has been headed towards goal.

Now, if we can discuss Barrows...

I wouldn’t say a set play is ‘highly fluid’ and a defensive player should not be facing his own goal at any point while the ball is in the air from a defensive set play. Man to man you stay goal side of your man and zonal you stay in your zone with your back to your own goal to clear the ball.

Barrows totally switched off and was woeful on both goals last night. I did say at the start of the season I don’t like signing defenders from relegated teams. There are plenty of times he just doesn’t look arsed too

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2022, 03:32:45 PM »

In my view our fullbacks are a big problem, they just don't drive forward or overlap - Colclough and later on Kaja were both repeatedly telling Jones & Barrows to do so. We need that for our system to work, think Joel Senior, Connor Hampson, Andy White and Sean Densmore - all exponents of it. Bewildered by the criticism of Baines, thought he looked solid enough - whether he is an improvement on Cooper is debateable though. Marriot did well for his first game back and broke up their play a few times - he'll be a big asset once he's up to speed. We never looked like scoring but Jennings will get better as he gets to know his new teammates, Newby looked lively.

Overall, last night we looked disjointed and toothless. I have faith in PP & NS turning it around though.

Would be nice to see the whole pitch from the Popular Side terraces at the next game, not be obscured by some metal fence construction that looks like it was someone's first go at making something with Meccano  :o

I Asked Bill about the fencing this morning and he said he was looking at it being removed for York visiting
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnet match thread