News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Can we pay on the Gate(shead)?

Author Topic: Can we pay on the Gate(shead)?  (Read 1846 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 15, 2022, 05:29:07 PM »

I for one am not paying in advance only to find the traffic's bad and I won't make it, and I'd guess I'm not the only one. Not all of us have a magic Allegro. :)

N.B. I said before the draw that we'd definitely lose if it was South Shelds away. Well we've got the next best thing now. Happy days...

P.S. In the queue today, someone asked me if this was the queue for paying by cash. Then someone else asked me if it was the usual prices. Just saying.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 05:40:29 PM by Hugh »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Can we pay on the Gate(shead)?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 07:03:01 PM »

Stop wining ffs. If you don't want to go , dont.

Nobody is arsed
Full time and proud of it

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 09:25:37 PM »

Sorry old boy, but it was too good a double-entendre to turn down. And besides I really want to know. If I go, I leave after work at 4pm. But if the traffic is bad at that time there will be no point, hence my reluctance to pay in advance when it could be wasted. It seems a reasonable enough question in the circumstances. "Bloody rubbish Alty".  I ask a blasted civil question and all I get is a load of blasted cheek. It may not be an issue for internet geeks and keyboard warriors but I guarantee it's an issue for some. Carry on corp....

By the way, I see that South Shields beat Sc*nthorpe. Maybe we can lose there in the next round. :)

Oh, and "Don't [go]" - what a ridiculous thing to say. We should all care about people turning up to games. And anyway, I made it clear that I do want to go, just not to pay before I know if I can go.

Nobody I know objects to me raising the issue. What's the big deal? If you're not interested in the topic, don't read.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 10:08:56 PM by Hugh »

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 11:31:05 PM »

Why not phone the club Monday morning instead of making a big scene on here?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 11:52:52 PM »

I'm not making a scene, I'm asking a civil question. The club probably read this website anyway. Certainly they always used to. Besides, aren't we supposed to get all our information from the internet now? I'll check the website tomorrow - though Monday is cutting it a bit fine for a match on Tuesday.

Do you know, in previous seasons, back when we weren't being mucked around, I have attended almost every Altrincham f.c. first team game, plus some reserve games (home and away) and training sessions (the ground and the gas works). Why is it making a scene to ask politely on an Altrincham f.c. first team forum what I have  to do to attend an Altrincham f.c. first team game? Seriously? I guarantee I'm speaking for plenty of people besides myself.

And I may also add that I tried phoning Gateshead about the league game but could not get through to them.

Alty for all.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 12:31:24 AM by Hugh »

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2022, 08:10:49 AM »

I am fairly sure there is a ticket office at the ground but you should call them during office hours to confirm.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team