PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another victory without Lawton...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Another victory without Lawton...  (Read 4343 times)

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Another victory without Lawton...
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 10:59:54 AM »

Completely agree with 62vintage here. Robbie if fit should be first outfield player on team sheet. For the passion and commitment he shows wearing an Alty shirt.
Apart from all that he's a true gent, a fantastic club captain AND he told me today that he and the lads are confident they can still make the playoffs. (this was before the game)

Why should robbie be the first one on the sheet? We simply have better footballers here at the moment. Yes robbie plays his heart out, along with all the other guys. Being captain doesnt automatically mean you should start the game, just look up the road at gary nevile.

I like robbie a lot, but if we have better footballers in midfield at the moment. There is still a role for him here, sadly not as a starting player in my view.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 11:25:20 AM »

i agree with 62 and distant traveller.Robbie may not be a christian Ronaldo,hes more a scholes type of player,gives 110% and encourages players.Hes not the best footballer in the world,but ehen you need someone to get stuck in,hes the man.
Harold

joe

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 11:36:03 AM »

Robbie Lawton is a good central midfielder. When played out on the right he is a liability. It's not his fault,if he is asked to the play on the right he will give 100 % and do it to the best of his ability but in my opinion he is a central midfielder and nothing else.

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 11:57:56 AM »

Robbie Lawton is a good central midfielder. When played out on the right he is a liability. It's not his fault,if he is asked to the play on the right he will give 100 % and do it to the best of his ability but in my opinion he is a central midfielder and nothing else.

Agree 100%. Robbie isn't a great footballer, but he is a very good captain, and leads by example. Although not in the  same class, he reminds me in that respect of a certain legend from Kirkby, who wouldn't always have been worth his place on skill alone - the improvement in our present manager's on-pitch efforts after a Kingy ear-bashing was always noticeable !

markecky

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 02:28:09 PM »

Being a nice guy should have no bearing on winning a place in a team that wishes to progress year on year.

Longman

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 03:32:34 PM »

As much as everyone likes Robbie and as much as we all know he gives 110% every time, he simply is not as good a footballer as Danylyk, Kierney and on yesterday's brief showing I would suggest Doran.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another victory without Lawton...