PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another victory without Lawton...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Another victory without Lawton...  (Read 4342 times)

Stan Hibbert

« on: February 06, 2010, 06:02:48 PM »

.....but we all know he'll walk straight back in to the team at the expense of a better player (every one of today's midfielders are better players in my opinion)

Peter Doran should have his shirt and Kearney his armband.

Great result, great goals and great atmosphere!!

I need to see Clee's, Densmore's and Senior's first goals again - has anyone got 'em recorded?

andrewflynn

Re: Another victory without Lawton...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 06:47:37 PM »

Robbie Lawton is a quality captain and therefore will play regardless.

Jacko

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 06:56:30 PM »

I'm pretty sure we,ve found our best team sheet/formation bar dale johnson being involved today.

62vintage

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 06:59:39 PM »

Robbie Lawton may not be the best footballer in the side, but he never stops running, working, covering other players or working for the team in whatever role he is asked to play.
Surely all qualities a captain needs.
Good win today.   

ant

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 07:07:19 PM »

He's got guts, dedication and bags of determination.  However, he often fails to win the ball and drifts around in the wrong position.  Last weeks game was a classic example where he barely got a touch.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 07:08:12 PM »

I think we're all missing the point slightly.

Is it not the case that we now have a better squad all round?
Come on Alty!

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 08:13:14 PM »

Robbie Lawton may not be the best footballer in the side, but he never stops running, working, covering other players or working for the team in whatever role he is asked to play.
Good win today.   

I can run, work hard, cover other players and work for the team but I can't play football

ALTY93

• Youth \ Reserve Team
  • ONE DAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 08:19:55 PM »

I think doran will replace lawton he seems to do all the same things as lawton ie work hard run up and down pitch and never stopping lawton has being a great servent to us but were moving forward and im not sure lawton is good enough anymore

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 08:23:05 PM »

Whether we think Lawton is a first XI player or not, I would definitely have him in my squad.
Come on Alty!

Butty

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 08:57:51 PM »

He's got guts, dedication and bags of determination.  However, he often fails to win the ball and drifts around in the wrong position.  Last weeks game was a classic example where he barely got a touch.
In which case, he is sort of Altys answer to Darren Fletcher, does a cracking job, but he does it so well you hardly ever notice it, doing jobs such as closing space off and marking up off the ball.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 09:19:47 PM »

I think today should be about the great win over Salisbury, who, without there 10 pt deduction would have actually been 2 pts better off than us..

Robbie Lawton was injured and didnt play, however, the day will come when we need his battling midfield qualities once again

I enjoyed watching Doran make his debut, It was good to see Denham and Clee play out wide.

5-0 is no mean task by any of the 11 in our SQUAD.

Enjoy the day and well done to the lads who played today.

More of the same please

Cmon Alty

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 09:45:48 PM »

I think today should be about the great win over Salisbury, who, without there 10 pt deduction would have actually been 2 pts better off than us..

Robbie Lawton was injured and didnt play, however, the day will come when we need his battling midfield qualities once again

I enjoyed watching Doran make his debut, It was good to see Denham and Clee play out wide.

5-0 is no mean task by any of the 11 in our SQUAD.

Enjoy the day and well done to the lads who played today.

More of the same please

Cmon Alty

Totally agree!
Come on Alty!

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 09:52:20 PM »

Good win today.   
In which case, he is sort of Altys answer to Darren Fletcher, does a cracking job, but he does it so well you hardly ever notice it, doing jobs such as closing space off and marking up off the ball.

Yes robbie runs around the pitch a lot and is a menace (for both teams). however, you can see the fear in some of the players eyes when he gets the ball. a decent squad player who can have an impact, but we have more quality now. Perhaps still the club captain, but not in my first 11.

ant

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 11:05:35 PM »

Good win today.   

Yes robbie runs around the pitch a lot and is a menace (for both teams). however, you can see the fear in some of the players eyes when he gets the ball. a decent squad player who can have an impact, but we have more quality now. Perhaps still the club captain, but not in my first 11.

Squad player, totally agree.

robins1978

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 12:54:40 AM »

Good win today.   
Completely agree with 62vintage here. Robbie if fit should be first outfield player on team sheet. For the passion and commitment he shows wearing an Alty shirt.
Apart from all that he's a true gent, a fantastic club captain AND he told me today that he and the lads are confident they can still make the playoffs. (this was before the game)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team