News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 a few questions

Author Topic: a few questions  (Read 2555 times)

Jacko

a few questions
« on: May 23, 2011, 07:44:15 PM »

So was mckenna going to stay if we had stayed up?

Also If we did stay up for whatever reason,  surely are chances of signing anywhere near bsp standard players after the agm is near impossible, can't we get the league to sort it out earlier as its creating exactly what its there to stop, an unfair farce

Altyant

Re: a few questions
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 08:02:17 PM »

I think only Kenny will know the answer that one mate.

In terms of any reprieve, I dont see it happening, and Im not sure we really want that situation again

Jacko

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 08:10:26 PM »

Someone must know about km,  Agreed, But it might happen, we've been here before, and last time we barely had time to get anyone but a few loans

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 08:12:01 PM »

No matter when "the league sort it out" any club reprieved by the act of sorting would be in the same position as they are  when the AGM is now won't they?

Altyant

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 08:23:19 PM »

Someone must know about km,  Agreed, But it might happen, we've been here before, and last time we barely had time to get anyone but a few loans

They might do, but would he confide in the supporter about those plans. For all his possibly wanting to stay he may then have got a really good offer from somewhere else and then his plans would change. On top of that he would also need to sit down with the board to discuss budgets etc.

If memory serves me correctly wasnt the season after our last reprieve quite a good one - where we beat Wrexham at Easter to ensure safety?

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 08:35:29 PM »

If memory serves me correctly wasnt the season after our last reprieve quite a good one - where we beat Wrexham at Easter to ensure safety?

That one was decided very early as Halifax went bust almost before the final whistle of the season was blown. The year before when it was an AGM that kept us up we were struggling for that very reason, we were preparing for the Conference North.

Though I can't see reprieves coming really, clubs are in financial trouble constantly, it doesn't seem to be worse for Wrexham now than it usually is.

Jacko

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 08:36:32 PM »

No matter when "the league sort it out" any club reprieved by the act of sorting would be in the same position as they are  when the AGM is now won't they?
no as the preparation time isn't ideal, other sides are signing/loaning players already

Altyant

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 08:37:44 PM »

Fair point OxfordAlty - I didnt think of that

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 08:49:05 PM »

Let's stop worrying about the 'what ifs'.........a wise man once said "if only my Aunt Fanny had b*lls, then she would have been my Uncle Fred"

Chances of a reprieve are probably nil. So lets prepare for BSN.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 08:57:29 PM »

no as the preparation time isn't ideal, other sides are signing/loaning players already

I don't see the problem. A reprieve is highly unlikely.  We knew a few days after relegation that a new manager was required, the non-league season only finished last weekend and we should have a new boss in place this week. Don't forget we would have had applications for this while some clubs were still due to play games which may have delayed some applications, so we can bide our time and have a thorough process of getting the new guy and it won't even be June.

Jacko

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 09:14:15 PM »

I don't see the problem. A reprieve is highly unlikely.  We knew a few days after relegation that a new manager was required, the non-league season only finished last weekend and we should have a new boss in place this week. Don't forget we would have had applications for this while some clubs were still due to play games which may have delayed some applications, so we can bide our time and have a thorough process of getting the new guy and it won't even be June.
the point is why do innocent clubs have to wait till june to find out where there at and what to budget for while clubs not cutting there cloth accordingly are signing players its to there advantage and its wrong

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 11:00:09 AM »

a reprieve is an unlikely second chance for a club that has in all fairness finished in the relegation zone......there has to be a cut off point but to be fair clubs in a mess should be given time to resolve their problems which are not always down to spending what they couldn't afford (see telford who's holding company went bump or clubs relegated due to rather unfair or bizarre ground regulations ie nuneaton or dover)....also the conference board need time to look at clubs situations.

I think if you are given a second chance reprieve you should just do your best and be grateful and not start asking for extra bonusses?

Yes it's unfair that a club finsihes in the play off positions and take points off you with players they couldn't afford that relegate you, their punishment is relegation, your reward is staying up despite not getting enough points offa the other 20 clubs who were run properly enough not to be relgated.

As for Ken had he kept us up I think he'd have stayed and given us another season to see what he could do with us with a full pre season....pure conjecture though.

brian1925

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 11:29:51 AM »

I notice Kiddy are signing players on contracts left right and centre now. The whole thing stinks a bit to be honest.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 a few questions