PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Proper Thread - 1st Away Game
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Proper Thread - 1st Away Game  (Read 13116 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Proper Thread - 1st Away Game
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 08:49:20 PM »

was only 3 i think. got the programme from it somewhere an it wos southport 94/95 an we won 4-1. dont remember the scorers though. but do remember going all over the place though with mum dad an the bro. rememba whitby, guisley, gainsborough, gateshead, telford, dover, hednesford, stalybridge, northwich (many times) loved the one at witton in the CSC final (when we were stood behind the goal) and paul ellender nearly took out a steward in the first aid hut with a beast of a clearence. bin 2 more thn tht tho but thyre all can rememba frm yunger. thn theres later ones like kettering, the britannia stadium ;D, southport, york, hereford, burton. an hope 2 go 2many more.

favourite has to have been Colwyn Bay. i dont remember the score but i think we won. remember Kenny walking alongthe wall that was around the ground and he fell off. just saw his head pop back up, he climbed back onto the wall and carried on. still makes me laugh when i think about it now. :D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 08:46:25 AM by bighairedmike »

Bath Alty

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 10:23:10 PM »

Trophy final defeat to Enfield.  Dad drove us all down from Huddersfield (it was home at the time - haven't lived in Alty since I was 5).  15 May, my sisters 7th birthday and she spent most of it on the M1.  She hated football but was forced to go - the look on her face when we told her it was going to extra time >:( :( :'(

AltySi

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 10:27:56 PM »

My first away game was Kidderminster in 1994/5 season. We drew 2-2 with goals from Neil Morton and Stuart Terry, and I bizarely remember gettin Dave Cockram's autograph !!!

Jacko

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 11:57:37 PM »

Mine was against macc and we lost 5-2, i had an arguement with my girlfreind after the game and left her in the chippy on the way to the station! honestly, she lived in macc silly bxxxx

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 12:02:52 AM »

Macc away, we lost, it rained, Alan Zelem was a git. About Christmas 1988, sound familiar?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 08:58:12 AM »

The only away games I used to go was when my dad took me to FA Cup \  FA trophy games so can't remember which one.

At a guess I think it was 92/93 in the FA Cup v Colwyn Bay.  I remember that one because we dropped my mum and sister off in Llandundno. That was always the deal, my dad and I would go football and we would drop them off to some shops near the ground. I must admit though my mum and sister did end up watching Altrincham v Guiseley in 95/96 as there was nothing for them to do near by. Which delighted them no end  ;D ;D. Incidentally that day was the first real rant I heard from Dennis and David Birch.

I remember my first time on the supporters coach. I was all quiet and nervous (yes me) and I sat down to be greeted by Ecky and Jo looking at me followed by Martin Jordans pointing figure with booming voice saying "aren't you that internet lad" .... Scarey.

I have only been watching Altrincham consistantly home and away since midway through the first relegation season. So this is my 10th year, i'm only a newbie.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 09:15:21 PM »

I think that Colwyn Bay game 92/93 was actually at the drill field as they shared with vics that season. 3-3  I think and won the replay 3-1. Was memorable for me for it being the first time I though Darren Tinson was a t***. He had a mullet a la Darren Peacock in those days and annoyed me immensely, I consoled myself with the fact he was jsut a unibond leaguer who'd had a lucky day and I wouldn't see him facing up to Alty again. 13 years later......

My first away game was 83/84 ish away at Northwich, had been to home games but went to this one as my dad had a mate who was a northwhich fan who lived in sale. We drove down, sat in their main stand. Seem to remember we won 2-1 ;D, John Davison scored a penalty at the uncovered end I think ;D and my first and probably all time Alty hero graham Bennet got the other  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Also despite only being about 5 or 6 years old remember that for no apparent reason that I knew of I took a dislike to Dave Ryan and Jeff Forshaw (I think I didn't like his surname). :D Also remember taht I din't like green :D and that that danebank terrace looked absolutely massive.

Also remember an amazing riot when we went on the coach to Frickley in the FA Cup one year, absolutely incredible, only 6 or 7 and utterly amazed. Think it was actually to do with the miners strike tho. :o

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 10:17:01 PM »

I think it was Telford in the FA Cup mid 80's. We lost one nil and Timmo had a perfectly good equaliser chalked off as the ref thought the ball had gone out of play. I was right next to it and it was still in.

We took two coaches iirc. Anyone confirm the date?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 10:25:33 PM »

Ellesmere Port away 72/3 - a 2-2 draw, missed the kickoff as my dad got lost.  First away match on the coach: 0-0 at Buxton in the FA Cup in the same season.  Mickey Brooke and gerry casey (?) were playing for Ellesmere Port - a good ground if I remember clearly (but I don't).  Also remember an early season game at fleetwood - 1-1 but I think that was 73/4?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 10:46:36 PM »

1996 Deepdale Duck & Rocky The Robin the Gay mascot blind date "rocky shag the Duck" i was 10 ever after that i thought thats how mascots were made (come on i knew about sex but also had a wild imagination!)

Zigga Zagga Freddy

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 11:20:52 PM »

1996 Deepdale Duck & Rocky The Robin the Gay mascot blind date "rocky shag the Duck" i was 10 ever after that i thought thats how mascots were made (come on i knew about sex but also had a wild imagination!)

I've seen you mention this bizarre sounding incident before and frankly i'd like to hear more about it. What exactly happended, why did it happen, or were things just going that way?  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 11:26:21 PM by MCR Robin »

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 12:57:47 AM »

Preston for me too.

I remember being particularly impressed by the collage of seats that made up Tom Finney's face.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

teasybeaver

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 07:48:23 AM »

My first away game was Kidderminster in 1994/5 season. We drew 2-2 with goals from Neil Morton and Stuart Terry, and I bizarely remember gettin Dave Cockram's autograph !!!

I remember this game quite well for two reasons, the first one being dave cockram on the bench and the announcer thought it would be hilarious to say "number 12 for Altrincham Dave Cockram, thats C-O-C-K  ram" Some kind of bizarre midlands humour that stuck in my mind.

Secondly on two occasions through the game their fans were singing "Score in a minute, we're gonna score in a minute" and fu*k my boots they did, I was bewildered by this!

Once on the way to Dover Martin Jordan said if we won 4-1 he'd bare his arse all the way back to alty. You can guess the impending scoreline. Fair play he did manage it to Folkstone, ironically close to the tunnel!

Stockportalty

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 10:12:25 AM »

Reading this thread has made me feel really old!!!
MY first away match was at Stafford Rangers near the end of the 81/82 season, Hubby and I had just started going out together, (My first home match was against Bishops Stortford in the Trophy). I seem to think it was that match that Mal Bailey got carted and had to go off with quite a nasty injury. We won the Cheshire Senior Cup that season, the final played at Crewe's ground, that is the only game I know I saw Kingy play in, and the only reason I know he did was because he collected the cup as captain.

andyc

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 11:43:09 AM »

One that sticks in my head was Frickley away in FA CUP 1st round. We won 1 nil and there was loads of Barnsley fans kicking off. I remember near the end of the game loads of skinheads making there way around to the Alty fans. Time to make a quick exit although back on the coach a brick came through the window just behind me and my mate. I've been watching Alty since the early eighties and travelled to places like Maidstone, Dartford, Sutton to name but a few on the supporters minibus, in fact David Birch was always on the away trips but I don't remember Denis Birch being on them.   
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Proper Thread - 1st Away Game