PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!  (Read 55225 times)

Malty G

Re: £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2014, 03:13:28 PM »

Just to confirm what Cult has said previously, I was present when he brought up the issue of sightlines with a club director (whose seats aren't affected by the way) and I was gobsmacked at the offhand manner in which he was treated. It doesn't reflect well on the club the way it has failed to liaise with members of its loyal fanbase on this. And as Cult has reiterated he has still received nothing in the way of an apology only haughty indifference. I woulddn't expect officials to come on the forum to address this (they probably can't find it now the link has been dropped) but I'm sure they all have his email.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2014, 03:37:38 PM »

This forum is a complete embarrassment :(

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2014, 03:41:27 PM »

What's wrong with a bit of a meaty out in the open discussion? People shouldn't be afraid of it. Doesn't mean you have to agree with opinions that are aired.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2014, 03:43:18 PM »

Anyway two things. Very disappointed by Cult. Big fan of his posts usually.

I can see why you'd be annoyed if you were moved from an entire section. I hate un segregation of chequers or full sterile areas on the pop side (I'm sure pop side regulars hate us crowded their spot). However plenty of seats in the main stand.

To see how bad it is, I may pop up next week out of curiosity.

Common curtsy would suggest a personal apology to the ST though. Being a club of this size it's not hard to send out a short apology. I do agree with an earlier comment some statements that come out from the club could be worded a little better, including the one that started this forum thread.

Jack,

Sorry to have lost a fan......and probably my last one at that.

Indeed, there are plenty of other available seats in the main stand.

However, I'm an illogical football supporter.

I like where I sit.

It's where I used to sit with my Dad when he first took me to Moss Lane over 40 years ago.

To be honest, I'll almost certainly select the same seat number when I renew my season ticket next year.

The key difference then will be that I know that I am paying for a restricted view seat.

It's always been about the lack of any written apology from the club.

That's all, really.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2014, 03:49:10 PM »

Never mind Cult, eighties junior likes your column.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2014, 03:50:49 PM »

In all seriousness, that has really cheered me up!

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2014, 03:52:35 PM »

This forum is a complete embarrassment :(

Well, start an interesting thread ASAP please.....!

Anything to get us off this bloody topic!

eightiesrobin

« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2014, 04:18:14 PM »

I shall let him know. Now, about that signed photo of Doug Newton.....

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2014, 04:44:05 PM »

I scour eBay every two hours in the quest for one, I promise.

The best I can do is send you a programme article that I wrote about him a few years ago.

A poor substitute, I'll grant you (the article that is, not Doug).

ripleym

« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2014, 05:06:33 PM »

Now that I have a Conference license, not only do I expect to get into Alty games for free for life, I also have a list of equipment that I demand the club furnish me with forthwith, in order for me to continue to provide the completely unrequested (and initially, I imagine, unlawful) service I have been providing for the past season and a half:

Nikon D4 x3
New Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 lens
Nikon 400mm f/2.8 lens
Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8 lens
Mac Book Pro with Lightroom, Photo Mechanic and Photoshop
Free Wi-Fi, of course
A number of body-moulded dugout positions at various places around the pitch

This should come to around £30k.  All this talk of £10k to finish the community hall is clearly a case of focusing (pun intended) on the wrong priorities.

I jest, of course.  As long as I am privileged enough to be in possession of a Conference license, I will use it to get in free and pitch side at as many clubs as possible, however I will always be a paying customer at Moss Lane.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2014, 05:11:23 PM »

The best I can do is send you a programme article that I wrote about him a few years ago.

I'd like to read that. Whatever became of him? My last memory of him was on the open-top bus after the Trophy win. He had a Don Johnson-esque suit on IIRC.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2014, 05:11:52 PM »

Now that I have a Conference license, not only do I expect to get into Alty games for free for life, I also have a list of equipment that I demand the club furnish me with forthwith, in order for me to continue to provide the completely unrequested (and initially, I imagine, unlawful) service I have been providing for the past season and a half:

Nikon D4 x3
New Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 lens
Nikon 400mm f/2.8 lens
Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8 lens
Mac Book Pro with Lightroom, Photo Mechanic and Photoshop
Free Wi-Fi, of course
A number of body-moulded dugout positions at various places around the pitch

This should come to around £30k.  All this talk of £10k to finish the community hall is clearly a case of focusing (pun intended) on the wrong priorities.

I jest, of course.  As long as I am privileged enough to be in possession of a Conference license, I will use it to get in free and pitch side at as many clubs as possible, however I will always be a paying customer at Moss Lane.

Pffff. You'd still fail to get a shot of me.

arnald

« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2014, 05:30:09 PM »

I think if everybody digs deep we can raise this money, me myself i miss a few games
so im happy to chuck a score in the pot , if I went every game I can understand the problem

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2014, 05:33:42 PM »

I'd like to read that. Whatever became of him? My last memory of him was on the open-top bus after the Trophy win. He had a Don Johnson-esque suit on IIRC.

I've emailed the article to you.

robins1978

« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2014, 06:30:57 PM »

Nobody else has said so yet, so I will say that it is a bit unfair to take a swipe at Brian Flynn for having a "free seat in the gantry"......Most, if not all those in the gantry, are doing 'media' work for the club and its supporters i.e Radio Robins and Alty TV.

Mick,

Some people will no doubt disagree with my thoughts on this issue but here goes....

I would make a notable exception regarding Mark from Alty TV (whose laudable work editing and producing highlights goes on well after the final whistle has sounded), however, I would expect the likes of Brian Flynn and John Edwards to have purchased season tickets regardless of their media work for the club.

If that is, indeed, the case, then I apologise for my use of the term 'free' in a previous post.

It has, of course, since been established that Flynny does not have access to an armchair in the gantry.

Just curious on your thinking here - So should all volunteers at the club buy a season ticket and can you expand on 'the likes of'?

Apologies for any confusion.

No, I certainly don't believe that volunteers such as the stewards or gatepersons should have to buy a season ticket.

However, I would expect both of our Press Officers to be season ticket holders.

And, as I stated earlier, this may well be the case, hence my apology if the use of the term 'free' was inaccurate.

Each to their own opinion but as far as I am aware they both do what they do for free. Naturally because they want to (it may be their way of helping the club) but I personally dont see why they should buy a season ticket. Its work, but its enjoyable work that saves the club money as someone else may require paying to do that particular job which is how the club survives by people volunteering for free, which im sure you are aware of already.  I do know of some 'volunteers' that do purchase season tickets even though the volunteer work they do for the club enables them to enter for free in return for that volunteering they do. I also think this important post has got away from the original reasons for Brian posting it. Yes fans have issues with the restricted seating in the main stand now with the Sports Hall having been built (I myself have a restricted view where I usually sit in the main stand in the 2nd half) but it would surely be better to contact the club regarding their issues rather than on a fans forum. We have very approachable people at our club who would im sure be willing to discuss any issues fans have with the restricted view (some may have done this already - I don't know). The club needs to progress and the Sports Hall is a damn good way to start 2015 in taking the club forward. Im not saying fans should not have an opinion, just saying voice it in the right way and stop being so negative about the Sports Hall, can't fans see it is for the good of the club going forward. Respect your views Cult but dont have to agree with them as you dont have to agree with mine too! Now lets get another 3 point on Saturday and climb that table!

robins1978,

Please allow me to pen a swift reply on here rather than in person, as I think that I may know who you are.....but I'm really not sure!

I salute those who volunteer to assist the club (and I don't believe that I've ever said otherwise).

To those who both volunteer and purchase a season ticket, I tip my hat to you and give you a standing ovation.

As you rightly say, it's purely a personal choice and different views on the matter are completely acceptable.

I reiterate that I have already approached a Director regarding the restricted view issue, however, I have not received anything in writing on this topic.

As the club were aware of this problem long before I was, I would have thought that the onus would have been on them to contact those season ticket holders who have been affected prior to the sale of this season's tickets.

Anyhow, I will now initiate some formal correspondence.

And may I just underline the fact that this is not an anti-Community Sports Hall issue.

I wish that project every success and will no doubt be spending far too much time in its bar in due course.  

;D I am Colin. Main Stand (late gate) turnstile operator on Match Days. I would have addressed you by your first name but like yourself was not sure what it was.  Not sure why forums dont just use the users birth name. if this were the case I think it would be a much better all round. I hope you (and others in same boat) come to some arrangement with the club to suit both parties over the restricted view problem. Maybe see you in the Sports Hall in the New year!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!