PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!  (Read 55228 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2014, 06:44:49 PM »

Nobody else has said so yet, so I will say that it is a bit unfair to take a swipe at Brian Flynn for having a "free seat in the gantry"......Most, if not all those in the gantry, are doing 'media' work for the club and its supporters i.e Radio Robins and Alty TV.

Mick,

Some people will no doubt disagree with my thoughts on this issue but here goes....

I would make a notable exception regarding Mark from Alty TV (whose laudable work editing and producing highlights goes on well after the final whistle has sounded), however, I would expect the likes of Brian Flynn and John Edwards to have purchased season tickets regardless of their media work for the club.

If that is, indeed, the case, then I apologise for my use of the term 'free' in a previous post.

It has, of course, since been established that Flynny does not have access to an armchair in the gantry.

Just curious on your thinking here - So should all volunteers at the club buy a season ticket and can you expand on 'the likes of'?

Apologies for any confusion.

No, I certainly don't believe that volunteers such as the stewards or gatepersons should have to buy a season ticket.

However, I would expect both of our Press Officers to be season ticket holders.

And, as I stated earlier, this may well be the case, hence my apology if the use of the term 'free' was inaccurate.

Each to their own opinion but as far as I am aware they both do what they do for free. Naturally because they want to (it may be their way of helping the club) but I personally dont see why they should buy a season ticket. Its work, but its enjoyable work that saves the club money as someone else may require paying to do that particular job which is how the club survives by people volunteering for free, which im sure you are aware of already.  I do know of some 'volunteers' that do purchase season tickets even though the volunteer work they do for the club enables them to enter for free in return for that volunteering they do. I also think this important post has got away from the original reasons for Brian posting it. Yes fans have issues with the restricted seating in the main stand now with the Sports Hall having been built (I myself have a restricted view where I usually sit in the main stand in the 2nd half) but it would surely be better to contact the club regarding their issues rather than on a fans forum. We have very approachable people at our club who would im sure be willing to discuss any issues fans have with the restricted view (some may have done this already - I don't know). The club needs to progress and the Sports Hall is a damn good way to start 2015 in taking the club forward. Im not saying fans should not have an opinion, just saying voice it in the right way and stop being so negative about the Sports Hall, can't fans see it is for the good of the club going forward. Respect your views Cult but dont have to agree with them as you dont have to agree with mine too! Now lets get another 3 point on Saturday and climb that table!

robins1978,

Please allow me to pen a swift reply on here rather than in person, as I think that I may know who you are.....but I'm really not sure!

I salute those who volunteer to assist the club (and I don't believe that I've ever said otherwise).

To those who both volunteer and purchase a season ticket, I tip my hat to you and give you a standing ovation.

As you rightly say, it's purely a personal choice and different views on the matter are completely acceptable.

I reiterate that I have already approached a Director regarding the restricted view issue, however, I have not received anything in writing on this topic.

As the club were aware of this problem long before I was, I would have thought that the onus would have been on them to contact those season ticket holders who have been affected prior to the sale of this season's tickets.

Anyhow, I will now initiate some formal correspondence.

And may I just underline the fact that this is not an anti-Community Sports Hall issue.

I wish that project every success and will no doubt be spending far too much time in its bar in due course.  

;D I am Colin. Main Stand (late gate) turnstile operator on Match Days. I would have addressed you by your first name but like yourself was not sure what it was.  Not sure why forums dont just use the users birth name. if this were the case I think it would be a much better all round. I hope you (and others in same boat) come to some arrangement with the club to suit both parties over the restricted view problem. Maybe see you in the Sports Hall in the New year!

Colin,

So, you are, indeed, who I thought you were!

Yes, I'll undoubtedly be making an appearance in the Community Sports Hall early in 2015.

I'll be the one undertaking George Heslop's Zumba classes after having overdosed on my wife's homemade mince pies over Christmas.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:46:27 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robins1978

« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2014, 06:50:49 PM »

Nobody else has said so yet, so I will say that it is a bit unfair to take a swipe at Brian Flynn for having a "free seat in the gantry"......Most, if not all those in the gantry, are doing 'media' work for the club and its supporters i.e Radio Robins and Alty TV.

Mick,

Some people will no doubt disagree with my thoughts on this issue but here goes....

I would make a notable exception regarding Mark from Alty TV (whose laudable work editing and producing highlights goes on well after the final whistle has sounded), however, I would expect the likes of Brian Flynn and John Edwards to have purchased season tickets regardless of their media work for the club.

If that is, indeed, the case, then I apologise for my use of the term 'free' in a previous post.

It has, of course, since been established that Flynny does not have access to an armchair in the gantry.

Just curious on your thinking here - So should all volunteers at the club buy a season ticket and can you expand on 'the likes of'?

Apologies for any confusion.

No, I certainly don't believe that volunteers such as the stewards or gatepersons should have to buy a season ticket.

However, I would expect both of our Press Officers to be season ticket holders.

And, as I stated earlier, this may well be the case, hence my apology if the use of the term 'free' was inaccurate.

Each to their own opinion but as far as I am aware they both do what they do for free. Naturally because they want to (it may be their way of helping the club) but I personally dont see why they should buy a season ticket. Its work, but its enjoyable work that saves the club money as someone else may require paying to do that particular job which is how the club survives by people volunteering for free, which im sure you are aware of already.  I do know of some 'volunteers' that do purchase season tickets even though the volunteer work they do for the club enables them to enter for free in return for that volunteering they do. I also think this important post has got away from the original reasons for Brian posting it. Yes fans have issues with the restricted seating in the main stand now with the Sports Hall having been built (I myself have a restricted view where I usually sit in the main stand in the 2nd half) but it would surely be better to contact the club regarding their issues rather than on a fans forum. We have very approachable people at our club who would im sure be willing to discuss any issues fans have with the restricted view (some may have done this already - I don't know). The club needs to progress and the Sports Hall is a damn good way to start 2015 in taking the club forward. Im not saying fans should not have an opinion, just saying voice it in the right way and stop being so negative about the Sports Hall, can't fans see it is for the good of the club going forward. Respect your views Cult but dont have to agree with them as you dont have to agree with mine too! Now lets get another 3 point on Saturday and climb that table!

robins1978,

Please allow me to pen a swift reply on here rather than in person, as I think that I may know who you are.....but I'm really not sure!

I salute those who volunteer to assist the club (and I don't believe that I've ever said otherwise).

To those who both volunteer and purchase a season ticket, I tip my hat to you and give you a standing ovation.

As you rightly say, it's purely a personal choice and different views on the matter are completely acceptable.

I reiterate that I have already approached a Director regarding the restricted view issue, however, I have not received anything in writing on this topic.

As the club were aware of this problem long before I was, I would have thought that the onus would have been on them to contact those season ticket holders who have been affected prior to the sale of this season's tickets.

Anyhow, I will now initiate some formal correspondence.

And may I just underline the fact that this is not an anti-Community Sports Hall issue.

I wish that project every success and will no doubt be spending far too much time in its bar in due course.  

;D I am Colin. Main Stand (late gate) turnstile operator on Match Days. I would have addressed you by your first name but like yourself was not sure what it was.  Not sure why forums dont just use the users birth name. if this were the case I think it would be a much better all round. I hope you (and others in same boat) come to some arrangement with the club to suit both parties over the restricted view problem. Maybe see you in the Sports Hall in the New year!

Colin,

So, you are, indeed, who I thought you were!

Yes, I'll undoubtedly be making an appearance in the Community Sports Hall early in 2015.

I'll be the one undertaking George Heslop's Zumba classes after having overdosed on my wife's homemade mince pies over Christmas.

;D

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2014, 08:46:31 PM »

Brian and John deserve an awful lot of thanks for the tireless work they do for the club on a voluntary basis and  should be allowed free entry to the ground, as should a number of other volunteers, without anyone trying to make them feel guilty about it. The Board have been very quiet recently about the team, support for the manager, the Sports Hall and I find it slightly galling they haven't asked for the additional £10,000 but instead put Brian in that position. 

arnald

« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2014, 09:12:15 PM »

I don't fink brian is the front man for
asking for funds, but I like the idea of putting a few
quid in why  not  its a good place to put spare dosh
ile put a score in the pot

Jimmy

« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2014, 09:15:42 PM »

I think the point is daz that Brian has been left to make the announcement it should be the board

arnald

« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2014, 09:35:41 PM »

I understand that jim but the board don't say much on this forum
x

GB Alty

« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2014, 09:42:15 PM »

I think the point is daz that Brian has been left to make the announcement it should be the board
how can they?

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2014, 09:56:34 PM »

Press Release, Official Website, Statement on Social Media, Youtube video, it's 2014 there are many ways to communicate.

arnald

« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2014, 10:08:40 PM »

Press Release, Official Website, Statement on Social Media, Youtube video, it's 2014 there are many ways to communicate.
you are here

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2014, 10:54:41 PM »

I think unfortunately a lot of Barry's excellent points have been overlooked here due to the comment on the volunteers, I didn't agree with those. Pretty much the rest of what was said was spot on though i thought.

I don't sit in the main stand so this isn't really my argument but out of intrigue (some might call it sadness) i had a mooch around the main stand after the Bristol Rovers game earlier in the season, after noticing that the view now looked a bit iffy. For those interested on the top row of the stand you have to go 10 seats in from the corner of the stand to catch even a glimpse of the golf road goal posts. A fairly large portion now have a restricted view. I'd certainly disagree that only 80% of seats are uneffected. I also take the comments on board that we don't have a full main stand that often, but in this league its busy enough often enough, especially for big games and i find it rather embarrasing that any newcomers (or regulars for that matter) to the club would pay £15 for a big game and would be forced to sit up there.

The argument that people can "just go and sit somewhere else" really isn't good enough either. As noted earlier, football fans are as has been noted creatures of habit, on the Golf Road End i have a place i like to stand, i'd be furious if somebody dumped an obsticle in the way and said similar. I don't hand over £250 lightly every June. Yes we want to bring new people into the fold but the club must never forget the loyal hardcore, and its those (us) that ultimately are its most important customers. We were here in the bad old days and will no doubt be here for years to come. As a business, the club should never take this for granted though and fobbing people off is unnacceptable.

I would be very suprised if anybody connected with the club didn't want the CSH to be a roaring success but this does show a giant lack of forsight on the part of those involved with the planning. If the club was aware from the outset that a number of views would be restricted then its really poor form to adopt an attitude to just not mention it when people spent good money buying season tickets, poor form at best and i do think it merits an apology as a minimum

Anyway those are just my ramblings, an opinion. Sure many will disagree. Please do not interpret that any of these as anti-CSH, anti-board or anti anything else because they're not.

As it goes, i'm somewhat uncomfortable with going to the well again to the same old fans five weeks before Christmas for money so won't be contributing, especially whilst so soon and still somewhat bitter from the fa cup debacle (despite the 2 decent results since). The players should dip into their pockets. To those of you that do however, more power to you. I salute you.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:54:18 PM by Beez »

Jimmy

« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2014, 11:22:04 PM »

Fantastic post

arnald

« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2014, 11:40:44 PM »

good post beez , I also understand the fa cup let down but ile chuck 20 quid in
simply becoz I don't go as many games as you lads ,

roytonmike