News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 blustery evening

Author Topic: blustery evening  (Read 3731 times)

dino

blustery evening
« on: November 24, 2009, 11:23:10 PM »

rode our luck first half but weathered the storm and totallydominated 2nd half. looked a different side when macaliskey replaced little. He showed good touch,and they looked frightened to death of him. gambled for his goal,and must start next time out.

whole back four played well and looked solid 2nd half, with smithy superb

42 away support

fuertes

Re: blustery evening
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 08:52:40 AM »

rode our luck first half but weathered the storm and totallydominated 2nd half. looked a different side when macaliskey replaced little. He showed good touch,and they looked frightened to death of him. gambled for his goal,and must start next time out.

42 away support

Not bad for a group of players working under a 'clueless' manger, eh Dino?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 09:01:44 AM »

42? I assume you were poncing in the corporate area again then,I counted 70 without looking in all areas of the ground

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 09:10:00 AM »

I didnt actually count them but there were definitely more than 42 of us there last night...

Really enjoyed my first trip to Tamworth

Cmon Alty...

Message for the Highways dept - Why didnt you put signs out to say the access road to Jnt 1 of the M54 was closed you tosspots..

Rant over

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 10:25:27 AM »

42 away support

So well done to GH for getting in spot on then, yes?
Come on Alty!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 10:28:19 AM »

I assume you were poncing in the corporate area again then

Absolutely roaring at the concept of a "corporate area" at The Lamb!!!   ;D
Come on Alty!

jimbo

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 10:39:05 AM »

was a very poor football game due to the conditions.a game that we may well of lost in previous seasons.but we managed to win with a wonderful free kick.all those shouting for dens to take them will be quite until we miss again?he he.the result could of gone either way so happy to take the points.as for dino saying the were frightend to death of mcalisky and he changed the game?the free kick changed the game.that meant they had to be more adventureous which leaved space for are front men.i only remember mcalisky touching the ball 3 times so over the moon he scored and we won .onwards and upwards.

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 11:08:58 AM »

So were we 3 at the back or not? Just noticed Dino says the back four played well...

JonnyKeen

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 11:28:19 AM »

I agree with Dino for once...Reckon Mcaliskey or Denham should be starting besides Senior and Little to be subbed on for the last half an hour or so. But hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it, Alty are doing fine.  :)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 11:43:58 AM »

I think Ant Danylyk has stepped up to the plate since Crowell departed for warmer pastures.. His work rate is tireless and with him and Lawton doing the donkey work and Kearney providing the passes the midfield is looking good.

It is also good that GH now has more options since the bans have been served and (hopefully) the injury crisis is abating..

We have a decent spine to the team now...

Happy days.

:D

fuertes

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 11:53:42 AM »

I think Ant Danylyk has stepped up to the plate since Crowell departed for warmer pastures.. His work rate is tireless and with him and Lawton doing the donkey work and Kearney providing the passes the midfield is looking good.

It is also good that GH now has more options since the bans have been served and (hopefully) the injury crisis is abating..

We have a decent spine to the team now...

Happy days.

:D

Great shout. I've never given him stick because he always runs his bollocks off, but by the end of last season I had yet to be convinced about his ability.

He's playing really well this season - well done Anthony Danylyk.

JT

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 01:37:41 PM »

I agree with Dino for once...Reckon Mcaliskey or Denham should be starting besides Senior and Little to be subbed on for the last half an hour or so. But hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it, Alty are doing fine.  :)

That was the plan last night to bring those 2 on as super subs to make the difference.  Well done GH and KM!

Narcissist

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 01:50:18 PM »

Chris Denham deserves a bit of luck. He has shown he's willing to stick in there and fight for his shirt and I think he's been unlucky with injuries. Whenever he plays and he's had a couple of games under his belt, everyone who was at the game comes back and says he was a threat or a match winner.

A few of us on here were well excited when he signed because we know his potential. I honestly believe a good run without injuries and he could be up there for player of the season come next spring.

GH can be called whatever you like but he's got a squad of fighters together who will be kicked out before they can throw their toys out of the pram. The result is that we are winning most of the games that 2 seasons ago we were getting frustrated by. There's no sulking here just honesty and pride.

Home form and cup games next on the list please GH.

jimmyhank

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 05:33:00 PM »

What a fantastic result. Great to see the lads really digging in. Denham looked a real menace when he came on and McAliskey's goal was "fox in the box" material! Only disappointments were the quarter pounder with chesse and Tamworth's poor home support.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 07:52:01 PM »

Good performance, McAliskey shouldn't start though senior little still looks great for me
Bernard Taylors barmy army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 blustery evening